How to Decorate Your Bathroom for Christmas, Rustic Farmhouse Style Decor

How to Decorate your bathroom for Christmas. 

It's the holiday season and we are all decking the halls so to speak! But sometimes we forget one of the most visited rooms in the home! Yes the bathroom!

Here in my wonderful 1780's New England Farmhouse, I pay special attention to the bathrooms because they have so much character! They were once closets! This house was built more than a hundred years before indoor plumbing came on the scene so the bathrooms here are very special! I'm glad to have them!

I think of bathrooms as not only necessary but as the perfect pampering room. Afterall, we all love a nice hot rainforest shower or a long soak in a hot tub! How wonderful when you can fill the bathroom with candles, scents, luscious soaps, flickering lanterns and the smell of pine and peppermint for Christmas!

Let's look at these photos and I'll talk you through my bathrooms!

Step 1: Mirrors

Not only do we need mirrors to brush our teeth in, comb our hair, wash our face and put on our makeup but they are great at reflecting both light and all the pretty things you have in the room. You get twice the punch! I have mirrors all over the walls in my small rooms, they make them look bigger and add a sense of mystery and charm!

Step 2: This is really step 1 but I started with some good basics. I have white walls. Why? Well first of all they make the toilet disappear! I really don't want to see the toilet the first thing when I walk in the room! If the walls are painted, your eye will go right to the lightest thing which is always the toilet and sometimes the tub and sink. Besides, white looks clean and if it needs cleaning, you can tell right away so your bathroom stays cleaner!


                    





Step 3: Lanterns and candles. I use battery operated candles unless I'm actually in the room soaking in the tub because I tend to forget things and would probably forget to blow it out! Besides, the battery candles are on a timer and come on automatically when it turns dark. It gives me less to pay attention to!


Step 4: Interesting elements and galvanized steel. I LOVE my stock tank tub!!! Its deep and doesn't lose water on me. It retains the heat and I can sit up in it and not get cold! Best of all it only cost me $100 at Tractor Supply Company!


I love this hanging planter thing! It's so handy for so many things. Sometimes I put towels in it and other times I use plants or home decor! It adds an interesting element to the room! It's the unexpected!


Speaking of unexpected! Isn't this towel rack darling? It could be used for coats too but I think it's crucial to have lots of places to hang your clothing in the bathroom. I hate to throw things on the floor!



Step 4: Towels and fabric soften the cold space! Keep your towels all the same color for a restful place. Match them with the bathmat and the rug and make things lots of fluffy! 



Hooks, hooks and more hooks!!




Something to contemplate on when I start my day! This is it! This is the day to do whatever it is you plan on doing!!



Check out my youtube video for a tour of both bathrooms set to music!





Step 5: Adding Christmas! It's about trees and lanterns and all things cozy. Think pine and peppermint soaps, little trees, big trees and cinnamin smelling pine combs! Think natural, wood, wool, white and warmth!





Thanks for joining me! Make sure you check out my youtube channel for more decorating inspiration! Subscribe you so don't miss anything!
www.youtube.com/c/anneclay




Comments

Popular Posts